SNOWBOWL ZIP LINES ARE OPEN THURSDAYS THRU SUNDAYS!
The tour includes four separate zip lines circling the Snowbowl base area. The lines are paired so you can ride next to a friend while flying in a comfortable paragliding harness. Zip #1, “The G-Line” is your warm-up, flying for 200 feet over the Grizzly lift and next to the Gelande Jump, right in front of the Last Run Inn. Zip #2, “Butler Brink” takes it up a few notches as you launch off the side of the mountain near the Grizzly Chute, across the headwaters of Butler Creek and land about 600 feet away on Longhorn. Clip onto Zip #3 “Tamarack Tunnel” to fly 700 feet through the trees well over 100 feet off the forest floor to the landing below Paradise. Then take a deep breath when you clip on and finish with Zip #4, “Huckleberry Hustle” flying nearly 1000 feet, through the forest then popping out 150 feet up above the base area and setting down next to Go Big (a favorite huckleberry patch).
The four zip tour takes about an hour and forty-five minutes and the cost is $39 and there is a moderated amount of hiking. For 2017 tours will be offered Thursdays through Sunday, starting at 10:30AM and running until 4:30PM (Thursdays tours start on July 6th with the first tour at 12:30). Tours take up to 1 hour and 45 minutes and include equipment outfitting and instruction. Making a reservation is highly recommended. Reservations can be made by calling us or leaving a voice mail at the zip-line message box (406-549-9777, ext. 3) or book online. We do our best to accommodate day-of walk-ins but can’t guarantee availability. Zip Line Tours will go through September 10.BOOK ONLINE NOW Zipping video
All zip line riders must sign a release form. Riders under 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign for them. Click here to read and print current release form
Here are some important safety requirements and recommendations for zip line participants
- Please check in no later than 10 minutes before your tour time
- Tours go out rain or shine so bring appropriate clothing to be outside for a couple of hours (tours will may be delayed or cancelled if there is lightning in the area).
- Riders under the age of 18 will need parent or legal guardian’s signature to participate
- Weight range for zip riders is 60 to 230 pounds.
- Closed-toe shoes are required-there is some hiking so comfortable supportive shoes are recommended.
- Articles like hats, glasses, cameras and other loose personal items should have leashes or secure attachment.
- Zipping is not recommended for persons with back or neck problems, dizziness or motion sickness, high blood pressure or heart problems as these conditions could be aggravated.
- Expectant mothers should not zip.
- No eating or drinking while zipping. No smoking any where on the mountain.