SNOWBOWL ZIP LINE TOUR OPENS JUNE 27th!
The tour includes four separate zip lines circling the Snowbowl base area. The lines are paired so you can ride next to a friend while flying in a comfortable paragliding harness. Zip #1 is your warm-up, flying for 200 feet over the Grizzly lift right in front of the Last Run Inn. Zip #2 takes it up a few notches as you launch off the side of the mountain near the Grizzly Chute, cross the Bowl Outrun and land about 600 feet away on Longhorn. Clip onto Zip #3 to fly 700 feet through the trees well over 100 feet off the forest floor to the landing below Paradise. Then take a deep breath when you clip on and finish with Zip #4, flying nearly 1000 feet, through the forest then popping out 150 feet up above the base area and setting down next to Go Big. The four zip tour takes about an hour and forty-five minutes and the cost is $35 and there is a moderated amount of hiking. Tours start on the hour with equipment outfitting and instruction. Making a reservation is highly recommended. Reservations can be made by calling us or leaving a voice mail at the zip-line message box (406-549-9777, ext. 3). We do our best to accommodate day-of walk-ins but can’t guarantee availability. Tours go out during our normal summer operating days Fri-Sun. Zip Line Tours will go through September 13.
Here are some important safety requirements and recommendations for zip line participants
- Please check in no later than 15 minutes before your tour time
- Weight range for zip riders is 60 to 230 pounds.
- Closed-toe shoes are required-there is some hiking so comfortable supportive shoes are recommended.
- Articles like hats, glasses, cameras and other loose personal items should have leashes or secure attachment.
- Zipping is not recommended for persons with back or neck problems, dizziness or motion sickness, high blood pressure or heart problems as these conditions could be aggravated.
- Expectant mothers should not zip.
- No eating or drinking while zipping. No smoking any where on the mountain.